Friday, July 1, 2016 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Location: Riedel Street via Prairie loop boulevard to Franklin Ave and Morrison Street
FMGCS is participating Canada Day Parade (July 1st) organized by Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. We are glad to share our Gujarati Cultural Heritage on auspicious Canada Day Parade. As it is first time that we will gather as a community since the evacuation on May 3rd 2016. As a society, let us come together to show our appreciation for the first responders who have made our safe return to community a reality.
Canada Day Parade
Friday July 1st, 2016 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
We encourage all members to join in our traditional dresses to showcase our culture and heritage. All volunteers who have signed up and/or want to join and show our cultural heritage please contact Taral Mehta 780-607-2797 Or Darshan Shah 780-215-3060
Participant Meeting Point : Queen street & Prairie loop Boulevard
Parade Time :Registration start at 10 AM and Parade time 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Parade Route:Franklin Avenue and Riedel Street to Franklin Avenue and Morrison Street.
Parade Route/Road Closures
The parade route starts at the intersection of Riedel Street and Franklin Avenue and goes north along Franklin Avenue to Morrison Street. This will result in the following schedule of road closures.
- Riedel Street to Queen Street on Prairie Loop Boulevard (staging area):
- Closed 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Franklin Avenue and Riedel Street to Franklin Avenue and Morrison Street (parade route):
- Closed 10:45 a.m. to 12 p.m. with rolling open system (roads open as last parade float passes)
- Franklin Avenue and Morrison Street to Morimoto Drive (de-staging area):
- Closed 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Free Park and Ride
- The RMWB is providing free public parking during the Canada Day celebrations in two downtown municipal parking lots – Future Forward at 9717 Franklin Ave; Hardin Street and Biggs Avenue – and at MacDonald Island. Parking is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- During the parade, there will be a free park and ride shuttle service with buses running every 15 minutes. Residents can park at MacDonald Island and hop on one of the four shuttle buses running to stops along the parade route from 9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- As the parade finishes, shuttle buses will resume services, picking up spectators from bus stops along the parade route for the return trip to Macdonald Island. Return trips will run from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- A volunteer shuttle bus will be available for all volunteers after the parade. Volunteers will be picked up at the corner of Hardin Street and Morimoto Drive and will be returned to the volunteer tent at the corner of Riedel Street and Prairie Loop Boulevard.
Riedel Street, Fort Mcmurray, Alberta, Canada